This is a large scale white-labelled ordering app that holds around 500 restaurants. It’s similar to Hungry House and allows users to search for the nearest takeaway/store and create an order for collection/delivery. It’s a large application that’s been in development for around 10 years – I held the position of API Engineer/Web developer (senior).
I contributed many functions to the system, such as external hardware integrations, payment integrations and order-product management.
I lead the development of all new web features during my tenure and worked closely with mobile development teams and other departments to enhance the product and deliver a suitable solution to feature requests.
- Huge library of functionality
- Handles thousands of orders per day
- API Supporting iOS & Andriod apps
- Extremely flexible
- PHP5 / Symfony Components
- MariaDB high performance database structure
- Jquery & various libraries
- Fully whitelabelled
- Fully managed solution
Improvements & Next steps
- Convert the order flow to a more modern JS framework such as React.